Confused newbie

Ron White rwhite at netins.net
Sat Sep 15 14:48:59 EDT 2001

I downloaded Python 2.1.1 (a little over 6 meg) and installed it in a win95
machine.

I am going through Josh Cogliati's Non-Programmers Tutorial for Python and
there are several questions I hope I can get answers to.
First, is there a document which tells you how to indent the various cammand
lines?  I have a lot of trouble with that.

Secondly, I have typed in a program for printing out a calendar, but when I
try to run it I get the error that this program has committed a fatal error
and will be shut down.
I thought maybe I didn't have the calendar library, but it appears that I do
in lib.
One thing I've wondered is if I should have installed Python on drive c
instead of drive e - maybe the program can't find the lib directory?
The program is:

import calendar
year = input("Type in the year number:")
calendar.prcal(year)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ron