Why so few Python jobs?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 01:08:07 CEST 2001

On Sunday 23 September 2001 17:14, tszeto wrote:
> I looked into Python in 1998 and think it's great. I've also read glowing
> reviews about the language. But I remember searching Python on Dice.com in
> 1998 and coming up with 8 results. Today the results are about 90. Even
> though that's over a 11 fold increase, compared to Perl, it's really
> nothing.
> Any ideas on why so few Python jobs are available?
> Thanks,
> Ted

You might also consider that there are less applicants for the jobs that _do_
exist.  This can actually be a preferable situation, than say trying to find
a job as a VB programmer (1000 jobs and 1000 applicants for each job).  At
least if you apply for one of these jobs it's likely your resume will at
least get looked at.

Cliff Wells
Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)