bsddb3 vs zodb

Markus Schaber markus at
Fri Sep 21 08:57:48 CEST 2001

Andrew Dalke <dalke at> schrub:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
>>I'm pretty sure a single ZODB FileStorage can only be used from within
>>a single Python program
> Nope.  I've run ZODB, outside of Zope, with two different
> FileStorages.  Even broke some of my code, since it showed I
> was sharing an object across the databases.

Errm - He wanted _two programs_ accessing the same ZODB, not _two
ZODBs_ accessed by one program.

mar "at least I read this" kus
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty
bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights
secure." -- Albert Einstein