os.system not working (Windows)

Kirby Urner urner at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Sep 25 14:46:37 EDT 2001

I'm one of those people who wanted WinMe to boot
in real DOS mode enroute to Windows, giving me
the ability to not boot Windows at all if I don't
want to.

I think making this change must have broken os.system(),
as now even os.system("notepad") tells me "this program
runs in MS DOS mode, real mode, which this version of
Windows does not support..." blah blah.

Somewhere I say mention of a special workaround, for
people using COMMAND.COM -- but I don't find it
documented and can't remember where I saw the note.

Or maybe I'm just dreamin'.

Any pointers appreciated.  Please cc urnerk at qwest.net
and/or urner at alumni.princeton.edu  Thanx!

Kirby