COM and printing an Acrobat

Michael Palm msp at tpg.com.au
Tue Sep 25 00:59:31 EDT 2001

There are instructions on how to do it from VB here:
http://www.borncity.de/WSHBazaar/News5.htm
You can adapt that to use Python's COM abilities. The problem seems to be
that the acrobat
ocx needs a pre-existing window in which to run - hence the use of IE. I saw
a reply somewhere
which seemed to indicate that you could NOT use wxPython to create that
window. You can run
IE invisible if you want to.

The problem with ReportLab etc is that they generate wonderful PDF but I
can't find a way to
PRINT it other than the above. Acrobat have told be that the command-line
print option on the
Linux version is NOT available on Win.