Is there any editor support python?

Andrew Brown killspam at darwinwars.com
Sun Sep 9 13:57:00 EDT 2001

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote in
<ZRmm7.24279$bY5.137603 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>:

>Andrew Brown:
>
>> [...]
>
>   You can set up a command line to run a browser with a particular URL
>   for
>searching for help on a web site. Here is a really horrible one that is
>sure to break over mail for using Microsoft's online help for the
>Windows API:
> command.help.subsystem.$(file.patterns.cpp)=2
[awe-inspiring URL snipped]
So what you're saying is that Scite takes advantage of the search features
built into things like compiled help files? And if the help is just a
collection of un-indexed web pages, then there is no cleverer way to do it
than to keep a browser window open?

I'm not complaining. This sounds eminently reasonable. I just want to be
sure tht I have understood you correctly.

Thanks for your help