Error when using curses.wrapper modules

Ben Logan blogan at newcreature.org
Tue Sep 25 13:36:01 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm playing around with the curses module for the first time, and am
getting an error when using the curses.wrapper function.  Here's my
code (python2 is the python 2.1.1 interpreter installed via rpm on
my Redhat 7.1 system):

------------
#!/usr/bin/python2

import curses

def myProggy(scrn,*args):
	"""This is the main function"""
	scrn.border()
	return 0

curses.wrapper(myProggy)
------------
The script gives the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ctest.py", line 10, in ?
		curses.wrapper(myProggy)
	File
		"/var/tmp/python2-2.1.1-root/usr/lib/python2.1/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
	File "./ctest.py", line 7, in myProggy
		scrn.border()
	SystemError: old style getargs format uses new features

If I take out the "scrn.border()" line, it works...of course it'll be
hard to do anything useful that way. :)  Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben