Linux and Numeric extensions...

Chris Barker chrishbarker at
Mon Sep 24 20:50:40 CEST 2001

> I am running Linux Suse 7.2 and have recently installed the Numeric
> extensions to Python, but when I import the Numeric library the Python
> interpreter cannot find the library. I suppose I have to add
> the path to the site-packages/Numeric library somewhere, but I don't know
> where.

You may have been helped already, but I suspect you problem is that the
Python that came with Suse is probably installed under /usr, and Numeric
got installed under /usr/local. A link in the right place will fix it,
or you can update Python, which is a good idea anyway, and put it in

Christopher Barker,