The nntplib module

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Wed Sep 19 03:51:00 EDT 2001

"Travers Naran" <tnaran at direct.ca> said :

> Really?  The reason I thought it was the VM was because Win98 really
> bogged down when downloading large articles (like really big binaries).
>  It bogs down to the point that I start getting resource error messages
> when opening new applications.  Also, the little spedometer I have via
> Zone Alarm was at far less than maximum (typically less than 50%
> utilization), so I didn't think it was maxing out the TCP/IP stack.
> Also, after switching to my modified nntplib, the performance improved
> considerably.

A side question Travers : is your code (the reader, not nntplib) going to
be available somewhere ? I don't need a binary downloader but there might
be a lot of useful housekeeping stuff in there (threading maybe ?). I've
been nursing the idea of a web-to-nntp interface for a long while, but with
a negative priority :). Maybe your work would be enough of a starting point
that it would nudge me into action... I hate starting from scratch :)
thanks,
fp
--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/