Mod_python / IIS running Python scripts

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at
Sun Sep 30 07:53:26 CEST 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 08:38:25PM -0700, Jose Rodriguez wrote:
> How do you configure or run IIS 5 so that python interpreter doesn't
> start a new instance each time a script is run??  Is there an
> up-to-date mod_perl type module available or can IIS run the
> interpreter as desired without some other piece of software????

I could imagine that using Python as ActiveScripting language for ASP
pages would do what you need (persistent interpreter).

Another possibility would be to configure a redirection to a Python
webserver running on a different port. That's how using WebWare from
Apache works.

mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0
public key fingerprint: DEC1 1D02 5743 1159 CD20  A4B6 7B22 6575 86AB 43C0