Selecting varray using python

Maan Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Wed Sep 5 20:31:58 EDT 2001

Amin
I am positive that DCOracle does not support Oracle 8i, and you are better
off with DCOracle2 since it supports Oracle 8 OCI extensions along with
Python DB API 2.
The latest DCOracle2 is for Python 2.1.0 (make sure you do not have Python
2.1.1) and it is in development beta 5 release.
For docs check:
http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2/dco2doc
I am at home now so I have no way to connect to an Oracle 8 (we use 8.1.6 at
work and we connect to it using DCOracle2 with Python 2.1.0 and things have
been running fine) to try something along the same lines.
But it is much better to either send an e-mail with the problem to:
matt at zope.org
Matt Kromer is the developer of DCOracle2.
I am sure he'll be able to help you, and if it is a bug, all the better.
He'll know at least.
Maan

Also, if you run into such problems with
news:f5b09a2f.0109051103.5fd00eea at posting.google.com...

news:<tpcbeh5irano9f at corp.supernews.com>...