ANN: USPP (Universal Serial Port Python) Library version 0.1

Alexandre Fayolle alf at
Sat Sep 15 19:11:56 CEST 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:48:03 GMT, Isaac Barona <ibarona at> wrote:
>Hi all,
>I have just released the first version of a python library called USPP
>(Universal Serial Port Python).
>USPP Library is a multi-platform Python module to access serial ports.
>At the moment, it only works in Windows and Linux (the platforms I
>have access to) but as it is written entirely in Python I hope you can
>extend it to support any other platforms.

This is something very useful that's been lacking in the standard library
for years.

Alexandre Fayolle
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).