Off-topic: hiding your email address - don't bother...

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 30 13:04:33 EDT 2001

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 19:13:55 +0400, Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1001863052.12019.python-list at python.org>:

:On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 03:09:07PM +0000, Sheila King wrote:
:> I've often thought, that email addresses with the string "spam" just get
:> discarded. Otherwise, I don't know why I get so few spam emails sent to
:> my spamcop.net address.
:
:   Probably because SpamCop.NET does an enormous effort to filter it before
:you see it.

Sorry, Oleg, you are incorrect. They don't filter anything. It all ends
up in my account. I see all the spam. I have to examine it myself before
I report it. The service itself doesn't report anything. Zero. Zip.
Zilch. The subscriber/member/enduser does all the reporting. And you
have to SEE the spam and know that you received a spam in order to
report it.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/