How to resize tkinter label widget

Eric Frey frey at otter.bme.unc.edu
Fri Sep 7 09:17:21 EDT 2001

I am trying to let users resize an image created with PIL and expand the
label widget (and the window) that I am using to display the image. I
am using the PIL ImageTk module to create PhotoImages and displaying it
using a label. I can successfully resize the image using PIL and paste
it back into the photoimage. When I do this, the label widget stays the
same size. I would like to expand it so it contains the new image. I am
currently using the pack geometry manager to place the image-containing
label widget, but since I am displaying several images, I eventually
want to use the grid manager. Is there any way to resize the label? Can
I delete it and create a new one with the resized image displayed? Thanks
for any help.