Playing mp3 files with wxPython

ibwonrr at yahoo.com ibwonrr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 23:11:46 EDT 2001

I'm writing a wxPython app under Windows, and trying to play mp3 files
in it.  I've tried using snack, amd although it will work from the
command prompt, it won't work from within the application.  Does
anyone know a way to play mp3 files from within a wxPython
application.

I'm an newbie to python and don't know much about dll loading or
threading.  I would be willing to buy a third party dll if necessary,
assuming it could be used within wxPython.  I also considered opening
a thread to use snack (which is basically a Tkinter app), but didn't
have any success.

Any advice on playing mp3 files or mp3 dlls would be greatly
appreciated.