building PoPy on Win32

Carlos V carbono at iteso.mx
Thu Sep 20 16:42:22 EDT 2001

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to build the PoPy module on a Win2k system so I can use it with
Zope. I've got PostgreSQL installed via the Cygwin and that's seems to be
running fine.

When I try to run the configure script for PoPy I get an error message that
says:

--snip--
checking for mxDateTime.h... no
configure: error: PoPy needs mxDateTime headers
--snip--

I thought the DateTime stuff came with Python. I've tried using the Win32
build of Python 2.1.1 from Python.org and I've tried using the version of
Python that comes bundled with the Zope binary.

Any suggestions?

-Carlos