Python on riscos

larry a price laprice at garcia.efn.org
Tue Sep 11 20:21:19 EDT 2001

In article <4ab6b5c489jcg at argonet.co.uk> Mr  J C Greenwood <jcg at argonet.co.uk> writes:

   I think there are two distinct issues here: the platform and the task. To
   do the best job on a given task one would choose the most appropriate
   platform. I would prefer to use RISCOS because I find the GUI less
   stressful, but it is no big deal to use a different computer.

   The other issue is how much is the RISCOS platform worth supporting? I see
   that there are new machines being introduced, Kinetic, Omega and Solo. The
   last is particularly interesting, it is designed to run on 8.5W from a
   solar panel, for use in under developed countries where there is no other
   power. See www.explan.co.uk/hardware/solo.shtml

THAT sounds interesting. I'd love to put a python driven comms/server/alarm
on my bike, of course with the ARM-7500 you could always go with linux,
i think that debian would even install on this box without too much pain.
$1000USD is a bit steep though, unless it's got the 802.11 cards already in
the box...

--