large class hierarchies in python

Justin Dubs jtdubs at eos.ncsu.edu
Sun Sep 9 02:40:20 EDT 2001

Thanks a lot for the help.  Everything is working wonderfully now.  I've got
to tell you, I really do enjoy the Python syntax.  It's a breath of clean
air compared to C/C++/Java.  I especially like the way the indentation
forces good code style to a certain extent.  Thanks again,

Justin Dubs

"Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams" <ignacio at openservices.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Justin Dubs wrote:
>
> > How do you feel about Python as a suitable language for this kind of
> > venture?  In case I didn't mention it before, I forget, I'm working with
> > Intelligent Agents, one of the many subsets of AI.  Is Python suitable
for
> > what is very much OO and not at all scripting?
>
> People may call Python a "scripting" language, but that's only because it
> doesn't have enough mindshare for them to give it the distinction of being
> called a "programming" language. It is, however, a full-fledged
programming
> language just as much as C and Java and all the rest.
>
> > Also, can you suggest some other good OO languages to learn?  I know
> > Objective-C, C++, Java, some Smalltalk and now Python.  What do you
think of
> > Eiffel, if anything?
>
> Hmm. Unfortunately my OO knowledge is limited to Python, C++,
Pascal/Delphi,