Pickle question

Daniel daniel at chromasphere.com
Wed Sep 5 06:03:46 EDT 2001

Hello,

I've just embedded python and use pickle for the python objects to save a
gamestate. During testing I stumbled over a problem with c++ declared python
classes: I always get a Pickling Error when dumping such objects.

pickle.PicklingError: can't pickle 'mod_python_CPyActor' object: <PyActor instance>

So is it possible to serialize python objects which are declared in my c++ code at
all (with pickle)? Should I subclass Pickle and handle those objects explicitly or
do I have to write a Python wrapper for those objects?
(I've implemented __setstate__ and __getstate__ but that doesn't help. Those
methods aren't touched during pickling)

please help me out
Daniel