waste of life

Curtis Jensen cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 13 12:09:33 EDT 2001

Cliff Wells wrote:

> > > far, I thought that
> >
> > I think that's because most people have other outlets for their feelings,
> > and prefer not to pollute a technical newsgroup with off-topic
> > conversations.
> >
> > I have seen exactly the same thing in most forums and newsgroups I
> > participate in - there is at most one thread on the tragedy, and in most
> > cases none.
> >
> > Web sites appear to have differing opinions on what to do - for example,
> > among the online comics I visit, about half have put up a message
> > expressing their condolences, and removed any comics, a number more have
> > put up messages, but continued their comics, some have ignored it
> > completely, and a few have expressed their feelings in a comic created
> > especially.
> >
> > Personally, I prefer to keep this type of thing offline.
>
> I don't think that technical forums are really the place for this either,
> nevertheless, given the scale of the tragedy, it is sort of reassuring to see
> that people give a damn.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Cliff Wells
> Software Engineer
> Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)
> (503) 978-6726 x308
> (800) 735-0555 x308

I believe most, if not all, people here do "give a damn."
This probably is not the place for comments.  Mainly because there are
better places to post.  Though, I doubt anyone will complain about this
type of off-topic post.  It truely is a terrible event in world history,
that will never be forgotten!

--
Curtis Jensen
cjensen at bioeng.ucsd.edu