SWIG: ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Sep 18 19:21:24 EDT 2001

Louis Luangkesorn wrote:

> Ok, I'm having a bit of a clue problem.  Which modules should I be looking at?
> I've been searching through the example code that comes with SWIG 1.3.7 as well as
> the Python source on SourceForge. What is supposed to go into the initcnumint()
> function?  There seem to be a couple of different things that can be done.  One
> was from mathmodule.c

You should find SWIG has generated the correct "init{modulename}"
function for you, but has not performed the magic to have it made public.

The simplest way is probably to add:

/EXPORT:initmodulename

(with "modulename" changed appropriately) to the link command-line.

Mark.