new page for Newbies

Guido van Rossum guido at
Wed Sep 5 05:34:37 CEST 2001

I finally broke down and created a new page collecting the most
important resources for newbies (people who are new at programming):

We get several emails per day from people asking how to get started,
so I figured this definitely serves a need.

Please help us making this a better resource -- send your ideas for
making the page more effective to webmaster at  (Note: more
effective could mean removing information as well as adding!)

Please add this URL to other collections of links about Python.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: