form - mail - smtp using Python 1.5.

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Tue Sep 11 02:06:40 EDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:39:48 +1000, "Jerry Cashman" <jc at bigpond.com>
wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<Lrhn7.7652$c5.67325 at newsfeeds.bigpond.com>:

:Hi Python world,
:
:I need a simple form-mail (cgi) script but it has to work under Python 1.5
:(on WinNT)...
:
:All the example code I've found appears to call a module called smtplib.py
:which doesn't appear to exist in Python 1.5
:
:Upgrading is not an option unfortunately... :(
:
:Any help or pointers much appreciated... Cheers. Jerry.

Yikes? Why can't you upgrade? Perhaps you could swipe a copy of the
smtplib.py file from 1.5.2 and just put it in your /Lib folder? I bet
you it would work???

If so, I've got a form mail script that you're welcome to, here:
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/computers/software/gypsymail.html

But it does require at least 1.5.2
(but putting the smtplib from 1.5.2 into your /Lib folder for 1.5 may
take care of that???)

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/