Idea about method parameters

Greg Weeks weeks at vitus.scs.agilent.com
Tue Sep 25 22:35:55 EDT 2001

Markus Schaber (markus at schabi.de) wrote:
: Now I'd love to have the possibility to shorten this by typing:

: class A:
:     def m(self, self.value):
:         pass # or the other work to be done

I don't mean this personally, but this sort of suggestion fills me with
dread.  If every suggestion that might shrink the code a bit were adopted,
we would have a language as repulsive as Perl.  It isn't that the
suggestions are necessarily bad individually.  The problem is the mindset
-- evidentally widespread -- that one should add things to the language
simply because some programmer somewhere will like it.  This is the road to
hell.

Regards,
Greg