Update locals() / resolved

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Tue Apr 30 14:35:51 EDT 2002

In article <fjbz8.7570$M63.5673 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com>, Steve Holden wrote:
[snip]
>> > Why use type({}) when you can use dict?
>>
>[ ... good reasons ...]
>>
>> 3. And 'dict' is something i often use in local definitions
>>    when working with dictionaries.
>>
>Yeah, well we all have to cut that out and start using "adict" or "thisdict"
>pretty sharpish. This one bites now.

How so? It only "bites" if you actually need access to the dict type
in the same scope where you bind your variable... I've got plenty of
code with stuff like

  file = open('foo.bar')

and it doesn't bother me one bit (except in the cases where 'file'
should have been something more descriptive, I guess ;)

Thes names aren't reserved in any way...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org