PyQt QTable

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 18 10:58:44 EDT 2002

Michael Melchert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having some difficulties using QTable (PyQt3.0-2.3.1)
> in a python QDialog:
> basically all I want to do is to connect the QTable.clicked() signal to
> a python method [
> self.connect(qtb,SIGNAL('clicked(....)'),self.the_method)] my problem
> arises from the parameters which are defined for
> QTable.clicked(int,int,int,QPoint&). what would be the correct way to
> write the connect() call, especially regarding the QPoint& reference? And
> how would the connected python method be defined?

Haven't tested this -- busy studying for a blasted Java exam -- but
you should be able to something like
QObject.connect(qtb, SIGNAL("clicked(int, int, int, const QPoint &"),
        self.theMethod)

Note the 'const' -- that's needed.

You need to have either five parameters or a variable-number argument
list to theMethod:

def theMethod(self, row, col, button, point):
    bla

or

def theMethod(self, *args):
    bla

or even (but I like to have at least an explicite self):

def theMethod(*args):
    bla