Stackless goes Limbo

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Apr 24 16:57:49 EDT 2002

"Christian Tismer" <tismer at tismer.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> after some time of consideration,
> I have decided to move the interface to Stackless
> Python's multitasking towards the ideas behind
> the Limbo Language.
>
> Besides the tasklets, there are "channel" objects,
> which allow for communication between tasklets.
> This approach is simple and powerful. Blocking of
> tasklets takes place on writes when no tasklet
> is listening, or on reads, when no data is available.

Whatever else you do, please consider adding an iterator interface for
reading channels:

for item in channel: whatever()

Also nice, but probably much harder, would be to hijack 'yield' to
write to a channel (for tasklets that write to only one channel, or
which have a default output channel).

Terry J. Reedy