emacs python mode completion

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Apr 12 03:14:04 EDT 2002

    Mark> Is there a tool for emacs that does Python command
    Mark> completion?

Although it's not exactly what you what, something that works in all
modes is dabbrev (bound to M-/ in XEmacs by default).  This completes
words according to context.  So if I type M c M-/ here I get "McEahern."

This means the you can automatically complete long variable names and
the like, as well as reserved words.  There is also a static (ie,
explicitly defined) abbreviation mode.  I don't know of anything that
specifically understands Python syntax, though.