Python Webpages

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Apr 29 01:40:07 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 19:56, Johan Fredrik Øhman wrote:
> Just realized that these Servlet based development models really limits the
> usage of software like Dreamweaver.  Since all code is in the program these
> utilities are almost worthless.  Is there a good way to combine Webware with
> templates.  I think of templates as pages where certain %words% are substituted
> etc...

Yes, you can use PSP like a template (putting most of your code in
Python servlets and modules, with your layout in the PSP files), or you
can use a templating language of some sort -- Cheetah is one, and there
are many others.  It's not even that difficult, AFAIK, to use ZPT like
this (without Zope).

  Ian