RPC for ZODB via https

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Fri Apr 5 13:45:50 EST 2002

xmlrpclib *is* object oriented, especially when used with Zope

s = xmlrpclib.Server(http://url_to_a_zope_object)
data = s.method_of_zope_object(param)

But the error handling is not easy because Zope replies with a huge HTML
error message using the standard page rendering. :(

In example, put this one line script (call it "allFolders") at the root of
Zope

return context.objectIds('Folder')

then in a client python interpreter

>>> s = xmlrpclib.Server(http://path_to_any_zope_folder)
>>> print s.allFolders()

Standard web services support (SOAP, WSDL...) is expected for next version
(certainly 2.6) of Zope

news: 3CAD9F25.8010708 at thomas-guettler.de...