Phyton and SQL

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Thu Apr 11 06:00:09 EDT 2002

Chris Burkert wrote:
> I just started yesterday and took a look at the Phyton-Manual the first
> time. It's a very interesting and powerful language. But what I didn't
> find was a comfortable way to communicate with Databases like Oracle or
> MySQL through the SQL language.

That's only because Python does not come "out of the box" with database
support. But there are additional modules allowing to communicate via SQL
almost with any database engine you can think of. There's in fact a "SIG"
(Special Interest Group) entirely devoted to database communication. You'll
find it here:
http://www.python.org/topics/database

HTH
--