Off topic C question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Apr 10 20:16:31 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez wrote:

> Siegfried Gonzi wrote:
>
> > And I have really, really not the intention to waste my life as a
> > professional programmer
>
> You might want to consider that in a programming group such as c.l.p, there's
> bound to be more than one person who will consider 'to waste my life as a
> professional programmer' to be a rather offensive way of asking for
> suggestions on any topic.

I chuckled to read this, mainly because as I read Siegfried's comment
I was not in any way offended, and I am a professional programmer.
It's not like we contribute much to world peace or solving world
hunger or anything.

On the other hand, I wonder what Siegfried does with his time which
is so much more respectable and less wasteful... <grin>

-Peter