Does Python need a semantics for and/or over generators ? was : 'xor' operator?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Apr 15 11:41:44 EDT 2002

In article <3CBABA71.3040909 at geneva-link.ch>, Boris Borcic wrote:

> For the shortcut semantics, we'd like to have :
>      a xor b
>
> behave exactly like :
>      (not b and a) or (not a and b)

I don't understand how that's a shortcut (assuming that means
the same thing as short-circuit).  You have to evaluate both
operands of an xor operator.  There is no possibly way to
short-circuit the expression so that only one is evaluated.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm protected by
                                  at               a ROLL-ON I rented from