OT: Happy Birthday Larry Niven

Jeremy Bowers newsfroups at jerf.org
Tue Apr 30 11:47:39 EDT 2002

Brad Clements wrote:
> I think Python is a language that Motie Engineers would use...

Oh goodness, no. They'd definately *prefer* perl; Python is too damned
clean and very, very human.

Even perl's probably a little on the clean side, for them. Motie
engineers would go beyond "There's more then one way to do it", they'd
want "It does more then one thing at a time." They'd probably like a
language where every *char* can do at least two or three things. My
guess is assembler with a suitably kooky CPU.

This is a Motie programmer at work:
http://tuxedo.org/jargon/html/The-Story-of-Mel.html . See, he uses the
same opcodes as both code *and* data at some points... just as an example.