What has PEP 285 done to us?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 20:01:00 EDT 2002

[Arthur Siegel]
> While we're on the subject of Aahz...

Could you two just get married and fight in private <wink>?

> It was and is a piece of a advice that  - in the
> interests of better group dynamics - a message be
> sent that Aahz never has and never will speak for
> the core development team.

Nobody speaks for Guido.  Aahz speaks for himself.  I speak for me, and
somtimes for Guido, but only when it happens that what I said turns out to
be what he would have said had he spoken.  This doesn't apply to Aahz, or to
anyone else, even if they channel him 100% correctly (which, while it's
better than I do, doesn't count, because I channel that Guido will say so).

> A peek in at dev indicates things moving in the
> direct opposite direction.

You're a sweetheart in person, Art.  Focusing on personalities just doesn't
work in this medium.

> Some-people-don't-know-who-their-friends-arely-yours,

yet-i'm-told-that-some-do-ly y'rs  - tim