Hostname Resolution not working in Explorer

Gary Spivey spivey at ieee.org
Wed Apr 17 23:38:50 EDT 2002

I have windows XP Home, and IE6. I have a zope server running on my box.
The server is running fine, and I can access if it I access

http://127.0.0.1:8080/mange

However, if I use

http://localhost/mange

the page isn't found. The same holds true if I use my hostname rather than
localhost - also, the actual IP address works.

I have made sure that the name entries exist in the
window/system32/drivers/etc/HOSTS file, and I can ping both localhost and my
hostname from a command window (with the correct address resolution).

So - why can I not get the resolution to work from within Internet Explorer?

Cheers
Gary