chopping csv-files (newbie)

Mikael Lexén mikael.lexen at stop.spam.volvo.com
Fri Apr 19 05:05:06 EDT 2002

Simon Brunning wrote:

> > From: Mikael Lexén [SMTP:mikael.lexen at stop.spam.volvo.com]
> > I get the following when I try to import your module
> >
> > PythonWin 2.1.3 (#35, Apr  8 2002, 17:47:50) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
> > win32.
> > Portions Copyright 1994-2001 Mark Hammond (mhammond at skippinet.com.au) -
> > see
> > 'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
> > ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193
> >
> > What's wrong? I'am on NT4.
>
> Did you download the pyd file as well as the package? If not, then that's
> the problem.

Just the pyd. I shouldn't need the package should I?. Just put the pyd in the
dll dir.

> If you did, did you download the right on for your version of Python?

Yes I did. I moved to a different machine where I have MVS 6.0 and I looked in
the pyd and it says to be a "MS-DOS Executable files". So I downloaded the
package and made a "python setup.pu instal" and it compiled and installed a new
pyd (cool) and that one works ok. This one is a "Windows executable dynamic link
library file". The two files differ in size

/Mikael