KDE+GNOME Bindings in SuSE 7.3

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon Apr 29 03:22:42 EDT 2002

<posted & mailed>

Jim wrote:
> to have sip and PyQt installed, but I assume you do, since PyKDE2 won't
> build and install without them. Make sure, however, that they all match
> in version (latest is sip3.1, PyQt3.1, PyKDE2-3.1 - the 3.1 is the *sip*
> version *not* the KDE version).

Having KDE 2.2.2, Qt 3.0.3, PyQt 3.1, and Python 2.2.1, I'd like to take
PyKDE for a spin, but can't figure out what to download from where, and/or
how to configure it properly.  All my attempts so far (admittedly I haven't
given it much focuses attention) end up with something like:

checking for Qt version >= 230 and < 233... configure: error: "incompatible
Qt version"

and indeed I don't have such an old Qt (and can't/won't downgrade).  Is
there a way to do what I'm looking for -- try some PyKDE on an installation
with all the "latest stable releases" of the various other tools, as
listed -- or do I just have to wait for a stable KDE 3 or whatever...?

Thanks,

Alex