The Python Way

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Apr 2 10:46:22 EST 2002

Aahz wrote:

> In article <mailman.1017263072.31748.python-list at python.org>,
> Skip Montanaro  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>Aahz is always admonishing us to just use Queue.Queue.  Maybe it's time
>>I paid a bit closer attention to what he's been saying...
>
> <grin>  Thank Tim; he bashed it into my head, and all I'm doing is
> carrying the torch.

Just so all know this fire keeps burning -- I have invested a few precious
pages of the forthcoming Nutshell's chapter on threads (yes I _am_ still
writing the Nutshell -- when I'm not editing the Cookbook or working or
reading c.l.p, and I swear I'll drop the latter incredibly enticing but
timeconsuming activity again veryveryvery soon...:-) to sketching a
general threaded-program architecture very firmly based on Queues (with
a couple reusable classes wrapping up a thread object and a couple of
reference to Queues).  [If any true threading expert such as Aahz or Tim
should want to have a look, I'll happily send a sneak preview of the
chapter, of course -- just get in touch, you do know my email:-)].

Alex