remove read only flag

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Tue Apr 30 15:28:48 EDT 2002

"Francis Meyvis" <francis.meyvis at sonycom.com> schreef in bericht
news:XlAz8.52$FK2.1293 at nreader2.kpnqwest.net...
> Hoi,
>
> How can one remove the read-only flag from a file
> (e.g. c:\temp\file.txt) using python in win32.
>
> Tx
> --
> ---
> Kind regards, best wishes,
> francis meyvis

This does not answer your request. I asked myslef the same question about
half an hour ago, becauase I copies an extensive directory structure from
CDR to my hard disk, with the nasty side effect that all files are marked as
read-only. Windows 98 explorer does not seem to provide any easy way to
switch all the files back to writeable. When thinking about a short Python
script I thought up the work around (which are needed all the time under
windows):
via the search window you can get all the files by searching for *; CTRL-A
selects all and then via properties youcan change all these files at once.
So for now I don't need the Python call to reset the read only flag :-)

regards Gerrit

--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch