Python-2.2.1, Solaris7, make test fails...

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Apr 22 12:21:36 EDT 2002

On 19 Apr 2002, Martin v. [iso-8859-1] Löwis wrote:

> Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > 20 tests were skipped but that would be less if I could enable that
> > regrtest.py thing you told me about.  Whereabouts is the correct place
> > to add the options to enable those tests?
>
> Neither, nor: invoke regrtest with appropriate options.

Oh, Ok, so it is done "outside" of the normal make, make test, make
install process....

The final upshot is:

largefile crashes  -- expected as we have little space.
curses crashes -- Not really surprising, given I'm doing this from a PC,
        and using an xterm tool from there.
nis gets skipped -- again, not staggering if it assumes we are not using
        nisplus, because we are using nisplus.

I therefore think I can live with these limitations, and go ahead and
install.
Thank you to everyone, particularly Martin, for their help, patience and
encouragement.