Newbie: Running a script on WindowsXP

billludden billludden at email.msn.com
Tue Apr 23 12:54:07 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to run a Python21 script
from the "Run" box on WindowsXP Home edition.
When I run it, the Command Prompt box just briefly
flashes on the screen and closes itself.  I have tried
using the -i option like you would use in Windows 98
but it doesn't seem to work.  I also tried appending
Autoexec with:
    SET PATH=.........;C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON21

Does anyone understand what I'm doing wrong?
(incidentally, I had the same problem with "hello world"
 when I tried it in C)

Thank you!
Bill