PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Hernan M. Foffani hfoffani at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 07:06:35 EST 2002

> >or is that, in the words of the late Milton Berle:
> >
> >     You can fool some of the people some of the time, and all of the
> >people some of the time, and that's usually enough.
>
> Isn't that "all of the time" in the first sentence? Otherwise it
> doesn't make much sense (in that the first sentence would follow from
> the second).

Berle's missing "all of the time" is on pourpose. The original quote is:
      You can fool some of the people some of the time and all of
      the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people
      all of the time. --Abraham Lincon

Apparently that saying inspired others like M.Berle's one and:
      You can fool all the people all the time if the advertising is
      right and the budget is big enough.--Joseph E. Levine

But may be I was fooled and got it all wrong ;-)

Regards,
-Hernan