A faster Python?, Python compiler, Dylan,...

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Apr 10 02:35:23 EDT 2002

Ian Bicking wrote:

> But
> that doesn't mean prototyping Pyrex code in interpreted Python wouldn't
> be very nice -- especially since Pyrex runtime errors are unlikely to
> have nice tracebacks

I hope to improve the traceback situation at some
point, so you'll get entries in the traceback for
calls between functions in the Pyrex module.

> Maybe
> all that's required is a custom loader that filters out cdef and type
> declarations.

It wouldn't work, unless the Pyrex code restricted
itself to a very boring subset of C types (essentially
just numbers and strings) and was careful what it
did with them.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg