PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 6 09:10:03 EST 2002

Christian asks me to get a life.

But I think he mis-intuits.

Certainly *I* don't think, for example,
that there was anything unreasonable about
Guido's remark that

"I don't think Boolean algebra is a big subject."

Yet David's - a PEP285 supporter -  remark
indicating there might be more interest
in the subject than Guido thought - was purely
conversational and friendly.

That Mark felt compelled to intercede in  Guido's
defense I intuited as strange - a example of the
Phenom.

After  my post, but presuming I will be attacked
I take look in at Mark's weblog:

"my instant reaction to pep 285 (yes, i'm still thinking about this) was,
"rock on, guido!" it just seemed obviously right. then came the fud (labeled
such by guido-i wish i were that clever)."

For some, Guido's cleverness goes well beyond proven
talent at computer language design.

I am agnostic on the subject of Guido's complicity in
creating what I consider to be a "willies" atmosphere.

And if my interest was *not* in the area of education
I'd have a *much* better sense of humor about it all.

Art