Making a C extension compatible with 2.2

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 13:14:43 EDT 2002

Must anything be done to make a C extension compatible with Python
2.2? I have an extension (not my own) that ran fine under Python 2.1
on Solaris 2.6. I have since recompiled it for Python 2.2, but
sometimes I now get tuple indexing errors - and not necessarily at a
point in my Python code where the loaded extension is actually being
called upon. Running the same code under Python 2.1 is OK. Would I be
right in thinking it may be related to the changes in Python 2.2 for
the new iterator protocol?

Hamish Lawson