New release: PMV, ADT, ViPEr

Sophie Coon sophiec at scripps.edu
Wed Apr 17 22:23:19 EDT 2002

Hello,

We are happy to announce the release of the Python-based Molecule
Viewing environment (Pmv), the AutoDockTools (ADT) and the Visualization
Programming Environment (ViPEr) version 1.1alpha. on April 17th 2002
available to download on our web site
:http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/packager.html

An academic distribution and a commercial distribution are available for
download. The version labeled 'commercial' does not contain packages
requiring commercial license. For commercial licenses please contact
Michel Sanner (sanner at scripps.edu).

You can either download the complete release which contains:
 - a python interpreter version 1.5.2
 - python packages developped in the MGL lab (platform dependent and
independent)
 - Third party python packages (platform dependent and independent)
 - Applications : PMV, ADT and ViPEr.
Or only platform dependent packages which contains:
 - python packages developped in the MGL lab
 - Third party python packages (platform dependent and independent)
 This tar files is useful to add support for another platform after
installing a full release

The download "A la carte" is of course still available. This lets you
download individual packages (with the danger to mismatch them !)
You can find more information on our web site
:http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/index.html

Two mailing lists have been created pmv and pmvdev (see README.html file
once you downloaded and installed our packages).

For any question concerning :
      - the installation or PMV please contact Sophie COON
(sophiec at scripps.edu)
      - ADT please contact Ruth Huey (rhuey at scripps.edu)
      - ViPEr please contact Michel Sanner (sanner at scripps.edu)
 Have Fun !
Michel Sanner, Ruth Huey and Sophie Coon