wich odbc is stable ?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Sat Apr 13 11:18:08 EDT 2002

William Dodé <wilk at flibuste.net> wrote:

>hi,
>
>I need to connect to an MSAccess database for simple query (no lock, no
>transaction), so i would like to know if the standard odbc provided by
>win32extension is enough stable even if it's written to be no supported...
>Or must i use callDll or ado ?
>
>thanks to read my so bad english writing

The ODBC module in win32all is OK for most jobs. I have heard that it
is buggy but my limited use hasn't found any.

A more robust ODBC module, called mx.odbc, can be found here:
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/
There is a licence fee for comercial use.

ADO also works well but is somewhat slower than ODBC for most common
tasks.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd