Equivalent in Python?

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 30 20:01:57 EDT 2002

Tim Hammerquist || Tue 30 Apr 2002 02:38:50p:

>> But if you just want to increment something, use 'foo+=1'. Exactly the
>> same, except one more character and only works on a line of it's own
>> (avoiding above said doom... man pointer-walking funcitons in C are
>> nuts with that... =)
>
> Well, yes and no. The type being incremented is a string, not an
> int. For example: [..]

Oh... =). I figured it was just a wierd way of stating a variable name.
But then, i have <2 minutes of total perl experience (if anything,
changing shebangs and 'global settings' at the top of a few. maybe.)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com