Python and spacecraft onboard or ground control scripting

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Tue Apr 16 02:28:21 EDT 2002

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote:

> Yes, for example, Python objects are dynamically created, and there is
> the potential for "out of memory". I have a personal belief, however,
> that the memory analysis of general C programs is no easier to compute
> than that of Python programs.

IIRC, the OP talked about mission critical systems. In many such
systems, you are not allowed to allocate memory dynamically. While I
agree that memory errors are much more likely in a C program than in a
Python program, this doesn't hold when there isn't any runtime memory
allocation going on in the corresponding C program.

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36